Monday, April 14, 2008

Super Quick Smokey Eyes Tutorial

I tried this the other night and got it done in about a minute, so I decided to do a tutorial. It doesn't go as quickly in the video as it did in my bathroom, obviously, because I had to talk through the video. :)

This is a great smokey eye solution for moms because they only have a few minutes of quiet while their kids nap or they're occupied chewing on cell phones...LOL Kidding, kidding. But seriously, if you like dramatic eyes but you don't have a lot of time, this is a great way to get that smoldering look. The best part is, you can do a light version for day, then darken it up for night. The actual look I did was pretty dark, though it doesn't show well in the video. Glad I picked such a deep charcoal! LOL

Also, watching the video again, I wish I'd smudged the liner more and taken the edge of the shadow up and out more (outer corners). I need to exaggerate things for the camera. I think I will try using the video camera rather than the iSight on my computer next time and see if that helps.

2 comments:

ConnieB said...

I can't wait to get home and try this. I love that you can do it with all sorts of color combinations. It's time to raid my eye shadows to see what sort of fun I can have!

I'll say this though, you are going to have to dish on the eyebrows girl. How did you do that pretty arch?
Eyebrows are the toughest thing for me.

Mommy Beauty said...

Yay! I hope you have fun playing around!

LOL The eyebrows...I hate them! I like the arch (it's pretty much the natural line they've always had), but they grow so fast and I end up having burly man brows! Long, bushy, hair under the arch, between the brows...hahaha Unruly little caterpillar beasts! I wish them on no one. ;)

Since you asked, and hopefully aren't cursed with brows that need to be trimmed/plucked every 5 hours (haha), I will make a post. It's kind of a long explanation. I combine waxing and plucking with Tweezerman tweezers.

In most cases, I do it myself. The last time I went to have my brows waxed by a "professional" I got my earlobe waxed for free (oops!) and some of the fresh, vibrant purple dye (quarter-life crisis???) stripped from my hair on that side. LOL