Monday, April 4, 2011

Marc Jacobs Daisy

Daisy By Marc Jacobs for Women Eau De Toilette Spray, 1.7 -Ounce

From what I've seen in the fashion world, the man can do no wrong. Daisy's no exception, though I do wish it would last longer. I can smell it well for a couple of hours, then I really have to search for it. It doesn't fade completely, but it is much fainter than some of my other favorites after the same amount of time. That could be the nature of this kind of fragrance since I normally like heavier oriental scents. Maybe when the weather's more reliably hot, I'll find that it sticks around more.

I bought the .67 oz eau de toilette spray because I'm both a commitment-phobe and an art lover. I didn't need a full-size bottle, but I wasn't going anywhere without that pretty plastic daisy (there's a rollerball version available for those who don't care about the flower on top). It's smaller than I expected it to be, but it's very cute. It only has one daisy on top and the bigger bottles have two.

The notes are: strawberry, violet leaves, ruby red grapefruit, gardenia, violet petals, jasmine petals, musk, vanilla, and white woods. None of those really overpower any of the others, and they mingle together so nicely it really is like you're out in a field somewhere on a non-humid, breezy summer day, wearing a sundress and enjoying a day off from real life. If I had to pick a note that stood out the most, I'd have to say it's the strawberry.

Daisy reminds me a lot of Miss Dior Cherie, a little of Ralph Lauren Romance (without that mysterious sharp note) and a tiny bit of YSL Babydoll, which smells absolutely delicious normally but was so peachy/grapefruity on me, I had to let the windows down in the car so I didn't choke my best friends with my synthetic B.O. There's no "stank" with Marc Jacobs Daisy--it's just beautiful, delicate, and unobtrusive. Unfortunately, this isn't the most unique scent in the world, but hey--it's sweet, fresh, clean, flowery--a crowd-pleaser, for the most part, and really "unique" scents often aren't.

Some people may say this is a "young" scent, but I feel completely at ease wearing it and I'm almost 30. (I was also born 50.) haha  I think any woman who wants to feel light and carefree without venturing over to the dark side of Victoria's Secret's fruity-florals would love it. Sephora's description says it's sophisticated with a hint of whimsy, and I think that's a good way to sum it up. It's work-friendly, daytime-friendly, and if you do wear it at night, you probably won't get kicked out of bed.

4 comments:

oil painting courses said...

I like your blog!...Daniel

Eclectic Musings said...

Thank you!

Christin said...

Nice review! I may have to give this a sniff next time I'm at Sephora. ;)

Eclectic Musings said...

Thanks! I hope you like it. Remember that YSL stuff? Everybody in the car was like, "Nooooo...Open the windows." LOL I was all excited about it because it smelled so good before it hit my skin.