Thursday, April 15, 2010

Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup Review

So much for variety since I changed the name of this blog. LOL I'm still talking makeup. But I'm talking about this makeup to anyone who will listen, in real life or in the blogosphere. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup rocks my socks. It's got an SPF of 20, which had me hoping it would work fabulously because I love when foundation has sun protection in it.

I've been using it for a few weeks now, and it hasn't broken me out. I won't say that my skin is better off after I wear it than when I wear nothing, but I will say it irritates my skin less to wear it every day than any other liquid foundation (I can wear Micabella's mineral foundation daily without any redness, dryness, etc). The coverage is medium. I got it to match my faux tan because I can never keep the color on my face as long as I can on my body, and putting a sunless tanner on my face every day will make my skin angry. I got it in Natural Beige because it leans more toward the yellow side than pink.

I apply it with my MAC 187 brush and it blends like a dream. It's kind of on the runny side so it's easy to blend out. It lasts all day (good thing, since I'm trying to make my face match my body with it!) and doesn't get cakey in spots like a lot of my other foundations have been known to do after hours of wear. My skin looks luminous and flawless, not super shiny, but definitely not matte. It just looks like, well, healthy skin.

This foundation has been compared to NARS Sheer Glow along with Revlon PhotoReady. I can't compare to the NARS version because I've never bought or even sampled that one because of the price. I can say that the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup seems to have a better range of color choices than the Revlon one, and looks great longer. I loved the Revlon one once I figured out how to make it work for me (initially I hated it), but I think I love the Neutrogena one even more.

Two other great things about it: You can get it at any drugstore and it's less than $10 (watch for BOGO Free or BOGO 50% off...that's how I got mine).

No comments: