Monday, March 15, 2010

Ralph Lauren Ralph Perfume Review



Review of Ralph Lauren Ralph: This is "the original" Ralph Lauren scent from what I understand, but I've never paid attention to it. I love most of the others--Blue, Romance (favorite!), Hot, Romance Always Yours, Rocks (not my favorite, but it's okay), etc, but the simple blue bottle never really attracted my attention. When I first sprayed this onto my wrist today, I thought it smelled too citrusy and not at all like the freesia mix I'd expected based on reviews at MakeupAlley.com. I was crushed and had almost decided to go a few doors down for the Victoria's Secret Sexy Little Things perfume that I knew wouldn't have as much staying power.

I decided to wander around Sephora for a few more minutes, though, and kept sniffing my wrist as I went. Boy, did it change! After a few minutes, I had a clean, fresh, freesia scent that smelled just like the Sexy Little Things massage oil I fell in love with again last night. It also reminded me of the old Bath and Body Works Freesia scent in the purple bottle, but not as strong (that stuff made me gag until it faded a little!). I had no qualms about snatching up the 1 oz bottle after that. A few hours have passed and I'm still smelling it. When I got back to the playground, my hubby immediately said, "You smell good!" Yay, it got the man's seal of approval!

Overall, I'd say this is a fabulous spring/summer scent for those who like fresh, clean florals. If you love freesia, this is a must have. According to Sephora, the notes are: Apple Tree Leaves, Yellow Freesia, Italian Mandarin, Japanese Loquat, Osmanthus, Magnolia, Linden Blossom Flower, Purple Freesia, Boronia, Musk 2000, White Orris.

No comments: