Sunday, March 7, 2010

Have you heard of Layla Grace?

Layla Grace Marsh is the same age as my daughter, so this story hit home. She has stage IV neuroblastoma. On February 28th, her dad posted on their blog that they'd been given about two more weeks with her--not the couple of months they'd thought they had before. The Twitter updates break my heart, but I can't turn away.

Reading about her reminds me so much of Ramona. I read on her parents' blog that she was always in the 80th percentile at her check-ups, always healthy, that she learned to communicate very well at an early age...she even has the same middle name as Ramona.

I've been following her parents on Twitter (LaylaGrace) and I'm a fan of hers on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/laylagrace. For every fan they get, a dollar is donated to help Layla's family. There's also LaylaGrace.org, where her parents update her status in more detail than Twitter allows.  Also, if you have a little girl you'd like to buy a cute hat for, all the proceeds from If the Bow Fits' Tie Dye Boutique Hats (available in three different sizes so any little girl can wear them) go to Layla and her family. I think we're ordering the Raspberry Peony one.

The family could use everyone's prayers, messages, support, or even a donation (possibly in the form of signing up as a fan of theirs on Facebook or purchasing a beanie--it's easy), so I thought I'd pass the information along.

4 comments:

Christin said...

**like**

I just discovered her story last week myself. :\

Eclectic Musings said...

Are you following on Twitter? She's not doing so well today. :(

Christin said...

No, but I got the update on FB this afternoon. :(

Eclectic Musings said...

I got the Twitter update today too. :(