Monday, February 8, 2010

Yoplait Greek Yogurt

Yoplait has a Greek yogurt out now. I just saw it in my grocery store, but I'm not sure it's new. I can empathize with those who live in places that don't have grocery stores full of obscure items, and I have a feeling that the Greek yogurt from other brands may fall into that category for a lot of people. Yoplait, however, is often on shelves anywhere you can buy yogurt, so maybe, just maybe, they'll stock this one too.

They are 6 oz and have 0 grams of fat, 130 calories, and a whopping 12 grams of protein, so they make great snacks for anyone hoping to bump up their protein intake with a healthy snack. If you have little ones who love, love, love their yogurt, you can eat this even if they're hooked on their more colorful, fun yogurt.

I keep hearing that yogurt's great for you, blah blah blah, but I couldn't get on the bandwagon before Greek yogurt because it was either full of high fructose corn syrup or artificial sweeteners. HFCS makes me feel guilty and sluggish; artificial sweeteners make me feel ill (even in something as small as a yogurt). They do have some sugar in them, but for me, that is the lesser of the evils. If I plan to have a yogurt, I put less sugar in my coffee or something along those lines so it evens out. I want to switch Ramona over to it, but she's hooked on the yogurt that comes with the candy bits on top. I made the mistake of grabbing those once and she hasn't been interested in any other kind since.

No comments: