Monday, February 1, 2010

Popcorn and a Movie Day

Why, hello there, bags under my eyes! I must be dehydrated or something. A coffee addict. Dehydrated. Something to ponder. Ramona's busy eyeing the popcorn and not paying any attention to the camera.

Today, Ramona and I had a cheap date. We went to Starbucks and I got my drink for free because they were out of what I wanted last time. Her big, super-chocolatey chocolate milk was just over $1.00. Then I had a free coupon for a non-new release at Blockbuster. We went there with Cinderella in mind, but they were out of that one so we got Anastasia instead. I've never seen that one, but I'm kind of intrigued by Russian history and will take my little tidbits of info where I can get them. ;) (I have a book to read about it later so I can get all the facts straight.) Plus the back of the DVD case promised a fabulous soundtrack, which at 2 years old is probably the most important thing aside from the presence of a cartoon dog with a floppy tongue or ears. We both enjoyed the movie until I started singing At the Beginning with the credits and she told me to stop. Ouch.

Bribed with the popcorn we got at CVS on the way home, Ramona curled up in my lap and sat still for almost the whole length of the movie. I don't think that's happened since she learned to walk. We covered up with the leopard print blanket and she almost fell asleep on me. Luckily, Rufus was there to provide the entertainment. Ramona giggled her butt off because when she threw popcorn his way, he'd catch it mid-air.

Perfect afternoon. Time for a nap for her and some work for me.

No comments: