Friday, November 20, 2009

Using up eye shadows

How long does it take you to use up your shadows? I'm sooo wanting to cut down on my collection but it's not really stuff I can sell because of the way I have it all organized (no magnets...shadows are rubber cemented into a palette). I really want to use up some of my stuff but it seems like it takes me forever. I've only hit pan on one shadow (MAC Shroom) and I bought that back in 2003. I just hit pan on it; it's not even gone. I've managed to almost use up a concealer over the past year or so, but I'm not as concerned with those. My liners are getting shorter and shorter (or in the case of gels, emptier and emptier), but the shadows and blushes--powder products in general--seem to be bottomless. I'm trying to use up a pressed mineral powder that seems to go on and on and on. It doesn't do much for my complexion, but I don't want to just throw it out since it's "okay."

I won't know what to do when I get my collection whittled away to just staples that all fit in one bag. hahaha

Speaking of staples, what are yours? Some of mine:

MAC Woodwinked, Shroom, Soft Brown (Soba's interchangeable), Shale, Crystal, the Smoky palette from 2007 (2006?)...
LUSH Celestial moisturizer
Josie Maran Argan Oil
MAC Lovechild lipgloss
L'Oreal Infallible Plumping Gloss in Plumped Rose
NARS blush/bronzer duo in Orgasm/Laguna
MAC Cream Color Base in Crushed Bougainvillea (it was limited edition but Posey cream blush might be close)
Micabella foundation
MAC Kohls in Smolder, Teddy, Powersurge, and Phone Number
MAC Feline Power Kohl
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack (though I'm sure there are plenty of cheaper dupes, which I'll be trying when I'm done with this one)
L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara
Eve Pearl's Salmon Concealer
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream
Clinique Superdefense SPF 25 Moisturizer for Dry/Combination Skin

3 comments:

Beth said...

I don't have a ton of eyeshadow, but I do have a small stash. I've hit pan on two eyeshadows that I've owned for about a year now. I've never finished up an eyeshadow, and I really only see myself finishing up a staple item, like an all over lid color or a highlight. As for the rest, I think they'll last me for several years. Remind me why I always want more eyeshadow? lol.

Mommy Beauty said...

I'm glad I'm not alone! I know what you mean about always wanting more eyeshadow. LOL I do too. I'm getting more for Christmas and can't wait. I need to have a sale so I can clear out some of the colors I don't wear anymore (MAC Electric Eel--what was I thinking?).

Carla in Seattle said...

I only seem to hit the bottom of my "go-to" stuff. The stuff I wear every day, like I was asking you about arena. That is a "daily wearer". I like to use other stuff and I do probably twice a week, but not like my dailies. I have been trying to go through my collection as well, decide what is my favorite products and just stick to them instead of ooh'ing and ah'ing at everything that looks pretty - because honestly, it's all pretty! LOL