Friday, October 30, 2009

Funny "Ramona" stories


A friend of mine said my daughter reminds her of Ramona (of Ramona Quimby, Age 8 and that whole series). I like the comparison so much, I'm going to be using Ramona as my daughter's "code name" here from now on.

Random Ramona facts:
*She says "Sid the Science Kid is FUNNYYYYY."
*Her "boyfriend's" name is Buck. He's a grown, married man and the manager of a comic book store. He has a goatee and glasses. Every time we go there, she says, "Heeeeey, BUCK!" and she throws her newly purchased comic book at him. She wants him to throw it back, but I could just say that she's doing the whole kiddo thing where they do something mean because they like you. Well, except for that one time that boy in first grade kissed my hand like I was a princess. I was very upset and later got a wart there.
*She cheers when I grind coffee because she knows that coffee is the stuff nice mommy is made of.
*She really, really enjoys going to the dentist. Weirdo. ;)
*Ramona should be using the potty since she wants to change her own diaper so badly. I walked into her room a few mornings ago to find her lying there naked, diaper open, allllllll of her wipes pulled out of the tub, wadded up, and shoved onto the second shelf of her changing table. I asked why she needed all of the wipes and she replied, "Baby! Eeyore!" I said, "Did they need their diapers changed, too?" She chirped, "Yeah!"
*Pumpkin carving is her favorite sport. We taped on the patterns and she colored all over them with a chunky purple crayon so she eventually hit the dots that were necessary to get the pattern onto the pumpkin. Okay, I admit it. I got impatient and helped.
*She calls my sister, Brittany, BUTT-nee. She shouts it in her place of work, no less. I love it.

That's all I have for now! Oh wait, she wants to be a belly dancer for Halloween. Here is the hip scarf I made her. Instead of normal clothes, she'll have a Princess Jasmine costume on with it.

Oh, and a couple more photos. This is totally just a photo-dump. LOL

She really likes to shop at Target because there's a Starbucks there and she gets to drink vanilla milk:
Then there's her favorite hobby, coloring with her best buddy, Rufus:

She also has come to the point where she likes to have her hair fixed (thank God!):

No comments: