Monday, July 13, 2009

Favorite June/July Products

I forgot to do June's favorite products, and since July's half over, I'll combine them:

Micabella's foundation still rocks. It makes me happy to do my foundation in the morning. I've found it's not so great when you buff it into the skin using a kabuki like I've always done with other minerals. Instead, I sweep it downward with a powder brush I got from Spell Cosmetics.

Spell Cosmetics' shadows rock, especially if you use them wet. I used Lanikai Lagoon today (wet) about halfway up my lid from the lash line, put a bronzy brown above that, a coppery pink above that, and a champagne above that. It sounds scary, but it's the ultimate wearable beach-inspired look.

Benefit "10" bronzer/highlighter combo. You sweep the brush across both products at once, then apply it directly to your face that way. Blend back and forth, and you have cheekbones like crazy in just 10 seconds.

MAC's Love Nectar Lustreglass. You can barely tell it's on, but it's the perfect glossy, peachy-pink.

TiGi's Some Like It Hot shampoo, conditioner, and serum. It's great for keeping the humidity from wreaking havoc on my hair.

Stila's 24K Golden Noir Smudge Pot. It's a gorgeous black base with golden shimmer that you can actually see, especially when smudged out from the lash line. The shimmer is just that--not glitter.

Rimmel's Sexy Curves mascara's still great, but I'm eyeing the new L'Oreal Collagen one. I think I'll try that next.

Not makeup, but the Pecan Toffee Bars from Starbucks deserve a spot on the list.

No comments: