Monday, May 4, 2009

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Review

This is for the regular Too Faced Shadow Insurance, not the colored "Lockdown" version that just came out.

Texture: Kind of oily/slick. You only need a tiny, tiny bit for both eyes because it spreads out so easily for a thin, even layer. This tube could probably last about a year for me. Maybe a little less.

Color: It looks beige when you squirt it out of the tube, but it's invisible on.
Price: $17 for .35 ounces, and you can get it at Sephora, Ulta, or TooFaced.com

Packaging: One of the more sanitary ones. It's a squeeze tube with a small tip so it's easy to control how much comes out. You don't have to dip your fingers in and you'll also be able to easily get the majority of the product out. The container was my biggest complaint about Urban Decay Primer Potion. If you didn't cut it open, you'd throw away about 2/3 of the product. This one's sort of like a very small tube of toothpaste.

Performance: I never knew my eye shadow could last all day on my inner corner OR stay bright all day long. Other things I tried like Urban Decay Primer Potion and MAC Paint Pots (which I used to swear by) just don't cut it anymore. At all. I'm going to have to force myself to finish my Paint Pots in Bare Study and Painterly just so I don't waste product and can use the containers for Back 2 MAC. I just can't say enough good things about this stuff. I really never knew a primer could work so well.

Point to consider: I have dry lids. I have heard that if you have oily lids, this isn't a good match and UDPP is better.

No comments: