Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Favorite Products for April

April's almost over and I've discovered (or re-discovered) a few products that I absolutely love this month:

*MAC Silverthorn eye shadow: This one came out with the Rose Romance collection this month. It's not a simple silver. I see a lilac-blue tone plus a gold shimmer. It's hard to describe but this is a very unique color! And you know how some things show up in heavy swatches but don't translate well to the lids? I could still see the blue/gold tones on my lids yesterday when I wore this shadow on the lid with Circa Plum pigment, also from the Rose Romance collection, in the crease.

*MAC Just a Pinch Gel Blush (also from Rose Romance): It looks scary in the jar, but it makes you look like an innocent girl who just got her first kiss when you put it on. It's just a glowing, beautiful flush that blends into your skin effortlessly. If you've tried the cream blushes and thought this was the same, go try it anyway. The texture is completely different, lighter, easier to blend, and just, ahhh...

*Cover Girl LipStain in Everbloom Kiss: This is the lightest one and it's pinker than the other one that I have, Teasing Blush. That one shows up almost berry-red on me. Both are pretty, but I like Everbloom Kiss better for fair skin during the warmer months.

*MAC Perfect Topping Mineralized Skin Finish: It's barely-there pink and perfect to use as a blush OR all-over skin brightener. Use a regular, dense blush brush for blush application and a big, fluffy brush if you want to use it all over to brighten up your skin.

*Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara: I got this in Extreme Black and I'm still loving it. I mentioned this one earlier along with the LipStains.

*LUSH Honey I Washed the Kids Soap and Solid Perfume: One word: MMM! It's a pretty sweet scent, so if that's not your thing, you might want to pass. However, it's not completely sweet to me; I think it's got a clean sort of undertone, too. Either way, it's worth a sniff! I haven't been using anything else since I got it.

*Milani Nail Polish in Day Dreaming: This is a light, creamy gray. The lasting power is average for me. I've had it on for three or four days and there's some slight chipping around the tips of about half of my fingers. I didn't use a topcoat, though.

*MAC Dazzleglass in Steppin' Out: This is the only Dazzleglass I think I would repurchase. It's a beautiful hot pink with a slight coral tinge that doesn't scream for attention when you put it on, but just does a nice job of brightening your face. It complements MOST makeup looks I do, but I wouldn't pair it with a smoky eye or anything that dramatic.

And some products I tried that I wasn't impressed with this month:
*MAC Shadestick in Cakeshop: I tried it on my hand and it looked beautiful. The pewter-green shade showed up and the shimmer looked like shimmer, not glitter. On my EYES, however, the color disappeared and I was left with big chunks of glitter...which left ME with a big sty.

*Revlon Creme Gloss: The color (Slip into Pink) I got isn't bad, but I was hoping for a different applicator. It is a pretty, shiny nude-pink. Stupid me for not looking into it further before grabbing it. I just don't like the flow-through brushes. They tend to get messy and I feel like I either have too much product or not enough. This is one reason I'm not crazy about Stila's Lip Glazes.

*NARS Blush in Torrid: Even applying with the lightest hand makes me look blotchy and like I'm in the middle of an eczema attack. This will be better when I've got a little more color. It's still a very pretty medium coral-pink with a tiny bit of gold shimmer, though. It's darker and warmer than NARS Orgasm, one of my favorite blushes. Anyway, Torrid is beautiful, but just not the best for me most months of the year.

No comments: