Sunday, July 20, 2008

Work-Safe Look with MAC Mineralized Shadow Duos

I said I wouldn't get any, but I did. The last mineralized shadows didn't have enough color payoff for me. These, however, are pretty awesome. They're still light but they're shimmery enough to look pretty darn ethereal without being over the top. I guess you could say they glow since the shimmer isn't very pronounced. I used Pink Split today in a work-safe look. I added daytime friendly red lipstick in the form of New York Apple (MAC), but you don't have to do that part if you're just going to work.

Unfortunately, the camera issues continue, so I still don't have really detailed makeup pictures like I wish I did. Hopefully you can get an idea from these anyway. I'll list what I used underneath.












Face:
MAC SPF 15 Foundation in NC 15, but only because I'm trying to use it up
Benefit Thrrrob blush
MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in Shimpagne (it was LE, but their Belightful powder will work, as well. You can also pick up just about any kind of champagne colored shimmer powder from the drugstore...Milani has some; so does Jane.)
Victoria's Secret Mosaic Bronzer (for contour...I'm obviously not bronzed! haha)
Concealer

Lips:
MAC New York Apple, lightly

Eyes:
MAC Pink Split Mineralized Eye Shadow Duo (I sprayed Fix+ on my brush before applying, but I didn't notice a difference, so you can easily skip that step.)--Pink side from lash line to a little above the crease; swirled side on crease and outer V. Pink side on inner lower lash line; swirled side on outer lower lash line
MAC Shore Leave Eye Shadow to highlight (you can use any other barely pink champagne shade as Shore Leave was LE...it's easy to dupe)
MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on top (winged out) and on waterline
Maybelline Colossal Lash in Glam Black (LOVE it and already got a backup because I found it for $3.47 at Kroger)

This is a very soft look that doesn't take much effort. You look like you put some work into your appearance, but it doesn't scream "makeup!"

Oh, ignore the zit. His name is TOM. He likes to come around every month when I'm already an emotional mess and torment me further. He also hates blankets, so all of my attempts to cover him up result in him kicking it off. ;)

No comments: