Saturday, June 14, 2008

Moisturizing Facial Mask

My face is a desert. Today, however, it was a dessert (har, har). I found this facial mask recipe on Beauty Tyrant that called for a half a banana and two tablespoons of honey. You mix them into a paste (I couldn't quite get it to the right consistency so it looked pretty gross on my face. LOL) and apply. Wait 10-15 minutes and wash it off. You can also use a banana slice cut in half under your eyes to get rid of dark circles while you wait.

Supposedly, the banana combats dryness and the honey works on the acne. I have the worst of three worlds--dry skin and acne, topped with super sensitivity. This sounded like the perfect mask for me:
  • Simple, with few ingredients
  • Natural, so I don't have to worry about chemicals irritating my skin
  • Bananas are moisturizing
  • Honey fights acne
Bonus: It smelled pretty good.

My results weren't knock-me-on-my-butt fantastic, but I'm impressed. Obviously, my acne didn't just go "POOF!" but my face did feel smoother. It probably would've felt like a baby's butt had it been a bit more supple and more moisturized when I was done rinsing off the mask. My skin felt better than after any other mask I've ever used; those tend to make my face feel DRIER than when I started. With this one, my skin felt more moisturized than when I started, but not as moisturized as it needed to be.

I didn't notice a difference with the dark circles. They're still hanging out there, but it's been a long day.

I highly recommend this mask for those with dry skin and/or acne.

2 comments:

Beauty Tyrant said...

Hi Mommy Beauty,

Thank you so much for highlighting my honey banana facial mask. I'm glad your face feels better after the mask. Another tip, try out my avocado face mask, it's very moisturizing too. Also, the dark eye circles are stubborn, they do take time and patience to lighten the effect. Hope you'll enjoy my recommendations in future :)

Mommy Beauty said...

Oooh, I'll have to check that one out. I didn't see it. Thanks! I really like your site. :)