Saturday, May 31, 2008

Mama! Mama! Book!

I'm the horrible type of mom who sticks her kid in the playpen so I can eat breakfast in peace. Kidding on the horrible part in case you didn't get my 11:48 PM humor. ;) A few days ago, I was hunched over my laptop, doing my normal mindless routine to get my brain jump started, spooning up my ham and cheese instant grits and sipping on my happy juice (aka: coffee).

It took me a minute to snap out of my zone, but I did it to the tune of "Mama!?!? Mama!?!?" I responded with my usual, "What, baby?" expecting more babble. Instead, I was met with the coolest thing I have ever seen: She was holding up her teething book by the blue plastic "spine" and telling me, "Book!" I did not even know she knew that word. LOL She's never repeated it back to me like she has with ball, dog, etc.

I was so excited, I started calling people like I did on the day I got engaged and then on the day I found out I was pregnant.

So in honor of "Book!" I'm going to post a few of my favorite beauty books.











In case you couldn't tell, I think Kevyn Aucoin was amaaazing. All of these books are full of so many tips and techniques, I couldn't begin to describe them all. I checked the Color Me Beautiful book out at the library back in Fitzgerald...err, Fish Barrel...when I was in middle school. I've been a makeup addict for way too long! LOL

2 comments:

Christin said...

YAY! Another book lover joins the ranks! ;) All is well in the world.

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVE the Kevyn Aucoin books too- they're so fun to look at!
becca