Monday, April 21, 2008

Strawberries!


Here lately, my daughter won't let anyone else put her to bed. Why? Because she wants to hear Deana Carter's Strawberry Wine as she goes to sleep. I'm the parent with all the words memorized (plus I'm not sure how it'd sound with a male voice singing it), so I'm the lucky one. Hubby gets stuck with bottle-washing duty, poor guy! The singing thing all started because Strawberry Wine's one of the few songs I actually do know all the words to. I wonder if playing the CD would be as effective? It would definitely sound better! Ha!

With strawberries on the brain, I thought I'd introduce you to a strawberry mask I found over at MakeYourOwnCosmetics.com. It uses strawberries, freshly ground oats, and lemon essential oil. My face is too dry and sensitive for it, but it's designed for oily skin anyway.

Prefer to eat the strawberries in your cereal as opposed to smearing them on your face? No problem. You can still enjoy the hot spring and summer color by wearing the shade on your lips. Here are a few to try:

MAC Sashimi Mimi
MAC Strawbaby (from the Fafi collection, so it'll be gone soon)
Stila Cherry Crush Lip Stain (yeah, I know it says cherry--not strawberry. It looks brighter on some people though. LOL)
L'Oreal Color Juice Sheer Juicy Lip Gloss Berry Burst
Maybelline Volume XL Seduction Lip Plumper Fully Blushed

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! I sing "Killing Me Softly" to Kate b/c I know all the words. It's either that or "Jump Around" lol. :)
-beccalynns