Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...

I went out of town to visit my dad for his birthday and give him some yummy freshly roasted coffee and a grinder since, as far as I know, you can't get it that way down in his neck of the woods. Oh, and I don't recommend overnight trips with a 7.5-month old, just so you know. Not if you value sleep like I do. All in all, though, it was a good trip.

After I got back, I found out that one of my friends--and a fellow mom (of three)--had passed away. She was only 33. It's hard to get in the posting mood when something like that just jerks the rug out from under you. My heart breaks for her children and for all the people whose lives she touched. There were so many; it seems that everyone who even just barely knew her fell in love with her vivacious personality. She taught everyone who knew her about generosity, compassion, and love, and she will truly be missed.

7 comments:

Connie said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

I will keep her family in my prayers - it never hurts.

Mommy Beauty said...

Thank you, Connie.

Anonymous said...

If there is anything I can do, please dont hesitate to ask. My heart is breaking for her Children, Family, and Friends. I cant imagine their loss. Tasha

Mommy Beauty said...

Thanks, Tasha. I can't get her family out of my head.

Lori/Snow said...

I feel the same as you. This just seems so wrong.

Mommy Beauty said...

Lori, are you still kind of in denial like I am? I keep waiting to hear that the info was wrong, or that she's not really gone, but she's just in the hospital recovering. I keep switching from angry to sad to disbelieving...

Lori/Snow said...

It does feel like a bad dream. I can't even imagine how her children are going to feel.