Monday, April 7, 2008

FitFlops: Walk Better


I bought some FitFlops in green Friday night and I've been living in them since. They're similar to Crocs in the way they make your body feel when you walk (more aligned and functional?). By the end of Saturday, I was sort of sore in the thigh/butt areas, and when I woke up Saturday morning I was already feeling a bit of tightness in my calves. It's a good sore--like I had a light workout--not the kind of sore I get after prancing around in stilettos for an afternoon.

It's too soon to tell if I'm getting any serious toning from them, but I expect a little bit based on the way they make my lower body feel. I hadn't worked out in weeks prior to putting them on, by the way.

They're also super-comfortable, so even if I don't get noticeable toning from them, my feet, legs, hips, and back will thank me anyway. I wish they had more styles available, but I guess they'd have to change their name then, huh? LOL

5 comments:

Christin said...

I was looking at those a few weeks ago. Let me know if they're worth the investment. :)

Mommy Beauty said...

So far, I love them!

Anonymous said...

How much are these kicks.....I love flip flops, I would live in them if i could, even in the winter i will wear them, of course folks look at me like "sweater, jeans and ??????? flip flops" but I just like the convience of them and if these will give me an extra small workout for my legs, Im all GO for the cute flip flops!!!!!
TASHA

Mommy Beauty said...

They're marked right around $50 but if you shop around, you can sometimes get them closer to $40. I think Amazon has them for around $45 (there's a link in the original post if you want to check them out there).

They're kind of pricey, but they're a lot more comfortable than the flip-flops you can pick up at Wal-Mart. They absorb shock a whooole lot better.

If you do order online and you wear a half size, I recommend going up, not down. I normally wear a 6.5 and the size 6 fit, but I felt more comfortable in the 7.

Mommy Beauty said...

P.S. I could live in flip-flops all year, too! I love 'em. I hate having to put on socks and tie my shoes. LOL