Friday, March 28, 2008

The Ten Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer

I really, really want to read this book. I hope I can pick it up tonight, actually. My husband was listening to NPR and when he came home, he said, "I'm taking you to buy a book!" Unfortunately, it wasn't out then, but it's out now! It sounds right up my alley, because I was/am one of those girls who wants a career and time with her kids.

I wouldn't want to give up my WAHM status for anything, but I would really like to get some more writing done than I actually do. This sounds inspirational and entertaining all at once. Wish I'd written it! LOL

Here's the book:


Sounds like Sex and the City for the baby folk. I needed an upgrade from the single girls' entertainment.

3 comments:

Mommy Beauty said...

I got it! Yay! They had it hidden in the fiction section instead of out as a new arrival. I was starting to get scared they didn't have it!

I'll let y'all know what I think. I have to finish The Gunseller by Hugh Laurie first though.

While I was there, I found ANOTHER book I want. It's The Inheritance by Philippa Gregory, the author of The Other Boleyn Girl. That is one of my favorites.

I'm off the subject again, but I like to read to unwind after a long day, so what are you reading?

Anonymous said...

HEY! I wanted to tell you that I found something that is intresting. I recieved a video from netflix that was titled "The Secret" and I couldent believe how much it inspired me. If you havent seen it and want to the website dedicated to the Law of Attraction www.thesecret.com, has a trailor and if i'm not mistaken the full video avaliable. I am so excited to live life and enjoy it to the fullest. I started a blog, and if you want to check it out, when you get a free moment..(I know what its like having a little one) here is the link. I think i'm going to go grab the book at wallyworld this weekend, to have it on hand for inspiration when my day isint going as well as I would like. I dont get much time to read, with 5 kids and all...but I am in desperate need of mental stimulation. Back to reading I come!!!!!!!

Anyway here is the link:


http://tashas-secret-to-the-world.blogspot.com/

Im going to try and keep it going!

TASHA : )

Mommy Beauty said...

I'll definitely check out your blog! I actually have it open in another tab right now, so I just have to go click over there and read it. hehehe

I've heard of The Secret. I actually went to the website and watched the short version. I wanted to watch the whole thing, but I didn't buy it right then (I think it's $25 on the site?). I didn't know Netflix had it.

Maybe I'll check the video store here to see if they have it, too. I used to have Netflix but we stopped it when we moved and have yet to start it back up. It takes me 3 days to get through a 2-hour movie sometimes. LOL