Sunday, March 30, 2008

MAC Pink Pearl Pigment

I prefer to buy pigments from MAC when I know I'm going to be able to use them in more places than just my eyelids. I bought Pink Pearl because I knew it'd be a pretty color for lids, lips, and even cheeks. I already had Pink Opal which is just as versatile. Today, my look consisted of:

Clinique Supermoisture foundation
Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer
MAC Bare Study Pain Pot from lash line to brows
MAC Sharkskin Shadestick from lash line to crease, inner corner to outer
MAC Pink Pearl Pigment from lashes to right above the crease (so it looked like two different colors against the Sharkskin, then the Bare Study)
MAC Pink Opal Pigment to highlight and blend out under brows, on the inner corner, and around the outer edges of the shadow
MAC Pink Pearl on cheeks
MAC Pink Opal to highlight cheeks/temples
Vaseline (a small amount) on lips
MAC Pink Pearl Pigment tapped into the Vaseline and swirled in with ring finger to make gloss
Bourjois black liquid liner
L'Oreal Voluminous Naturale Mascara in Very Black

It sounds like a lot, but it really isn't. I really only used two, maybe three (counting Sharkskin as a base) color products. It's a neat little monochromatic look to do in a hurry. You could even go ahead and pre-mix some Vaseline and pigment in a small jar if you'd like, to carry with you on the go. The eyes look like a lot more work went into them than what really did because of the multiple colors in the pigment itself, plus the fact that it's blended from one color base to another helps look like I put on a blue-violet and a sheer magenta.

I would've shared some pics, but I couldn't manage to take one that didn't make me look like I'd been out all night drinking. LOL I promise I wasn't! I was up 'til 2:30 laughing at random things with the hubby while he tried to watch something on TV, and then the baby woke me up at 7-something.

Oh, and as a side note: If you wanted MAC's Hollywood Nights lipstick from the Heatherette collection but they sold out before you could grab one, go to your local drugstore and look at Wet 'n' Wild 511B. It's sooo close in color.

When Heatherette's not out anymore, you can still get Pink Pearl pigment by calling the number at MACPro.com. You don't have to have a membership card to order; you just have to have a card to order online.

No comments: