Monday, March 31, 2008

Listerine Whitening Quick Dissolving Strips

I bought some Listerine Whitening Quick Dissolving Strips sort of on a whim because Wal-Mart was out of both the Crest Whitestrips and the Equate version of Crest Whitestrips. Then I started thinking these might be even better. Why? Because I won't have to touch the nasty strips to throw them out once 30 minutes are up, and I won't have to worry about keeping an eye on the clock, either. I can stick them in my mouth and forget about them until the urge to brush out the residue just gets too great. LOL

Here's my tentative review on them since I'm not done with the box yet:
Pros:
1. They are quick. They've dissolved long before the 30 minutes you have to leave the other brands on.
2. They taste like mint. I'm not a fan of mint, normally, but I can tolerate this flavor.
3. They're not gooey before you get them in your mouth. One thing I always hated about Crest Whitestrips is that they'd cling to my hands and get the bleach stuff all over.
4. They're $21.00 at Wal-Mart. That's cheaper than some of the others.
5. So far, no gum/tooth sensitivity. I usually get that within the first 3 days if I'm going to get it.
6. I can forget about them.
7. It's easier to talk with these in than the others.
8. I think the Listerine ones cover more teeth than other brands. The strips seem longer.

Cons:
1. Not a con for me, but my husband tried them and he said they dissolved too fast to do anything. He had a problem getting them to stay where he put them (I didn't).
2. I haven't noticed as dramatic of a difference in whitening as I did when I used Crest Whitestrips. I have noticed a little though, and as I said earlier, I'm not done with the box yet.
3. They feel kind of gross in your mouth after they dissolve a good bit.
4. You have to swallow the dissolved strips. Well, you don't have to, I guess, but who wants to stand by the sink that long?

No comments: