Saturday, February 9, 2008

What Was Your First Cosmetic Product?

I'm not looking forward to the day that I walk into my bathroom and find my daughter standing there, cheeks glowing not from youth, but from my Fuchsia pigment; lips rosy not from her natural coloring, but from my MAC Russian Red (which will be a nightmare to get off, might I add, since it's a matte). I do, however, look forward to her teenage years when I can help her get ready for a night out, do her prom makeup, and help her pick out her first lip gloss (which better not end up on any boy's lips or her daddy will have to give the guy one of "the lectures," poor guy).

I remember my first makeup product, a lipstick. It was CoverGirl's Continuous Color Lipstick in Iceblue Pink (they still sell it!). My best friend at the time bought the same kind in Rose Quartz. Let me tell ya, we thought we were hot stuff in our frosty pale pink lippies. Too bad I didn't realize mine made me look kind of ghastly when I didn't wear any other makeup. ;) A little mascara wouldn't have killed me, but what did I know? I was 10. Didn't need to be swiping on the mascara yet anyway.

So...fondly remember for me: What was YOUR first makeup product?

5 comments:

Christin said...

Some lip gloss from Smackers, I'm sure. Or their flavored chapstick. I don't remember my first product. I do remember my horrible attempts with blush that turned me into a clown! I never touch blush again until maybe 8 months ago.

Smirking Cat said...

Maybelline used to make peppermint-scented clear lipsticks that were red and white swirled colored. They smelled awesome and went on like clear lipgloss. I don't remember what they were called! I just know I loved it because it swivelled up like a lipstick!

As for those Lipsmacker things, I still carry one in my purse. They can't be beat for shine that isn't gloppy or sticky.

Mommy Beauty said...

Ooooh, I remember the Lip Smackers! I think I used to try eating my mom's as a kid. LOL I still love them, especially the Dr Pepper ones.

That Maybelline thing sounds interesting. I don't remember it, but it sounds like something they should bring back around Christmastime.

fiercefoxy said...

I used to wear the Cover Girl Rose Quartz lip color as well. That and a thick layer of foundation.

Maybe smirking cat is thinking about "Kissing Coolers?" I used to love those too. I would always but the strawberry kind. It was really really REALLY good. I used to put it on and then directly lick it off my lips. I also believe I did take a small chunk off once or twice to eat as well. I was probably 8 or the tie so at least I have a bit of an excuse. HA!

Anonymous said...

I remember I bought one of thoes stay put lipsticks. Revelon, I think. That was when stay put lip colour was first put in the spotlight...Oh, but I do remember that it look a little like a matte shlak on my lips....it was so dry, not to mention when it did finally start to come off, it did so in flakes....stay put lip colour has come a long way since 1995....typing that makes me feel OLD! Tasha