Sunday, February 3, 2008

Underthing Overhaul!

Now that I have some version of my pre-baby body back, it's time to get rid of the old nursing bras (seriously, I can fit my head in there...I nicknamed myself ZZ Top for the 3-4 months I was pumping), the body shapers (hello hourglass, buh-bye circulation!), and the gosh-awful shrunken pajama pants that look like they could have fit a midget M.C. Hammer (perhaps a Beastie Boy?) quite well as stage attire. Hot diggity, I'm excited to breathe and cover my ankles again, not to mention wear bras that look like bras and not faux-satin drawbridges. Oh, and "special" panties designed for pregnancy are going away too. Thank goodness!

I've forgotten what it's like to wear cute things under my blue jeans and sweaters, and especially what it's like to wear pajamas that are meant to be pleasing to the eye rather than functional things that were there simply because I didn't want the neighbors complaining about what they could see through my sidelights as I cooked up a chocolate fudge Pop-Tart, my specialty.

Here are some of my favorite pajama/underclothes that I've found for post-baby celebration:

The Daisy Fuentes Xtreme Lace Push-Up Bra and Modal Lace Tanga (Kohl's has those on sale for $19.99/$8.40). If you never look for lingerie at Kohl's, you really should! They always have amazing deals, and you may find yourself surprised by the selection. I was! Macy's is another department store worth browsing through.

My dad and his girlfriend sent our Christmas presents in the mail and I just got this super-cozy set of pajamas from Victoria's Secret, plus matching bedroom slippers. I could live in them, if only Rosalyn didn't make it difficult to live in anything for longer than the length of time it is from one meal to the next. The VS website doesn't have the actual set I have anymore, but the link I included is close to what I have and I highly recommend them. I also recommend buying a size or so smaller than you'd probably expect to wear. I had to dry mine on high (they're 100% cotton so it did the trick) to make them wearable.

If you like to mix naughty with nice and conservative, check out the Frederick's Exxtreme Cleavage sets. I have to get the band size a little larger than usual with this one, not sure why. Anyway, the colors and prints are intoxicating, and I'd say what they do for your figure is Valentine's Day-worthy. *wink wink nudge nudge*

I found the Pajamagram site while doing some work for LoveToKnow.com and personally, I think the whole darn selection's adorable. I haven't ordered anything from there yet, but when I do get to do a major overhaul on my lingerie/pajama drawers, these folks will be some of the first ones I check back with online.

No comments: