Wednesday, January 16, 2008

First Blog

As a new WAHM, I've had to seriously adjust my schedule--and that means cut down, waaaay down on the amount of time I spend getting ready in the morning. Even though I'm staying home to work, I still like to put on cute (washable!) clothes, do at least a little something to my hair, and slap on a face. It's my way to start the day by focusing a little on me before giving, giving, giving to everyone else (two dogs included!) for the rest of the day. What can I say? I put on long-lasting eyeliner when I went into labor. And yes, it stayed put. I actually wrote a product review on it that night.

The purpose of this blog is to show fellow moms or women with very little time in the mornings how to perk themselves up quick. From multi-tasking to glamming it up when you actually do have time to fix up for a date with the hubby, and on to quick looks for hair and face, I hope to inspire you to take a few minutes for yourself. As the saying goes, "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy." Five minute of pampering (if you can call it that when it's that short) goes a long way when it comes to maintaining your sanity among sticky hands, begging dogs, daily household demands, and your job.

3 comments:

Carla in Seattle said...

I'm wondering about your five minute routine and labor-proof eyeliner. :)

Waking up at 3:30am makes me feel like I only have five minutes also, because I want to sleep!

Can you tell me about your quickie routine? And the labor-proof eyeliner? :)

Thank you!!

Mommy Beauty said...

Absolutely! Thank you for asking. :) I will make a new post about that. I hope to do a video demonstration later on too.

Mommy Beauty said...

Oh, I just realized I forgot to tell you about the labor-proof liner. Here's a link to my review:
http://makeup.lovetoknow.com/MAC_Kohl_Power